Budget Related Duties for Dept. of Food & Public Distribution & Dept. of Consumer Affairs
To oversee the preparation/submission/follow up of the budget proposal, outcome budget and performance budget of the two Departments, a duty which, inter-alia, would include the following:-
- Ensuring that the schedule for preparation of budget is adhered to by Ministry and the Budget is drawn up according to the instructions issued by Finance Ministry from time to time.
- Scrutinizing budget proposals thoroughly before sending them to Ministry Finance.
- Watching and reviewing the progress of expenditure against sanctioned grant
- Screening the proposals for supplementary demands for grants.
Financial Management Duties of Department of Consumer Affairs
The duties and responsibilities performed/discharged during the period under report included, inter alia, examination of the following items of work and.
- Proposals seeking expenditure concurrence on Plan Budget received from Publicity / CWF /BIS /LM / CPU / IT Desk and NTH for implementing National / State level Schemes /Projects, etc.
- Proposals seeking expenditure concurrence on Non Plan Budget for implementing CWF funded projects and the Schemes for providing subsidy to PSUs for meeting losses on import of Pulses
- Proposals for foreign deputation of officers working in the sections. of the Department and in organizations under its administrative Control;
- Matters related to internal / statutory audit, CAG Paras;
- Proposals received in respect of budgetary matters i.e., RE/BE, supplementary Grants, Reappropriations, Detailed Demands for Grants, Outcome Budget, replies to Parliament Standing Committee / material for Annual Report, quarterly returns to Finance Ministry, etc.
- EFC/SFC proposals for continuation of ongoing Schemes during 12th Plan.
- Comments on agenda Items included in the meetings of EC / FC of BIS and steering Committees for BIS Plan schemes
- Creation/continuation/convertion/revival of posts; grant of higher scale to particular categories of posts in BIS and NTH.
- Financial Advice on Policy matters refereed.
- To ensure that all financial proposals adhere to Ministry of Finance Guidelines.
- RTI matters pertaining to Budget Division