- The National Cooperative Consumers' Federation of India Ltd. (NCCF), New Delhi is the national level consumer cooperative society having the entire country as its area of operation. It was registered in October, 1965 and is functioning under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 2002. As on 31.03.2017, NCCF has 148 members, which includes the Government of India, three national level cooperative organization, namely the National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI), National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), and the National Agriculture Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED).
- The total paid – up share capital of NCCF as on 31.03.2017 was Rs. 14.49 Crore, out of which Government of India has contributed Rs. 9.48 Crore (i.e. 65.42%). Head Office of NCCF is at New Delhi with 29 branches located in various parts of the country. It has industrial unit located at Bhiwani (Haryana) and an industrial plot at Mohali.
- The Sales Turnover achieved by the NCCF during the year 2016-17 was Rs. 791.92 crores as against Rs. 778.67 crore during year 2015-16. The bulk of the sales related to supply of grocery and general merchandise items.
- Bye Laws of NCCF can be accessed at below link: http://nccf-india.com/guideline/Bye_Laws_2018.pdf
- Consumer Co-operative Societies are governed by MSCS Act, 2002 and MSCS Rules, 2002 which may be accessed at following links:
MSCS Act, 2002: https://mscs.dac.gov.in/Guidelines/GuidelineAct2002.pdf
MSCS Rules, 2002: https://mscs.dac.gov.in/Form/Rules2002.pdf