Government of India
Department of Consumer Affairs
Weights and Measures
Subject:- Re-Constitution of Standing Advisory Committee on preparation of specifications of weighing and measuring instruments.
The Department of Consumer Affairs, hereby re-constitute a Standing Advisory Committee to prepare draft specifications of weighing and measuring instruments on the basis of recommendation made by the International Organisation of Legal Metrology (OIML). The Committee may also revise the existing specifications and make recommendations for suitable amendments. The committee may also prepare specifications in respect of any other weighing or measuring instruments for which the OIML have not made any recommendation and which has become necessary in view of these equipments being used in this country. The composition of the Standing Advisory Committee is as follows:-
1. Director, Legal Metrology Chairman
2. Controller, Legal Metrology, Andhra Pradesh Member
3. Controller, Legal Metrology, Gujarat. Member
4. A representative of the National Physical Laboratory Member
5. A representative of BIS Member
6. A representative of FICCI Member
7. A representative of ASSOCHAM Member
8. President, Consumer Co-ordination Council, New Delhi. Member
9. A representative of M/s. Narne Tulaman, Hyderabad. Member
The Committee will submit its recommendation to the Government from time to time, for consideration.
One representative each of the non-official member attending the meeting of the Committee will be paid TA/DA as follows:
(i) First class/2nd A.C II tier railway fare by the shortest route.
(ii) DA at the rate of Rs.100/- per day for the dates of the meeting.
(iii) For local conveyance, actual claim or up to the limit of Rs.50/- for the day.
( Rajiv Srivastava)
Additional Secretary to the Govt. of India.
The members of the Standing Committee