New Delhi the 2
[To be published in the Gazette of India, Extra ordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i)]
Government of India
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
(Department of Consumer Affairs)
G.S.R.632(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 83 of the Standards of Weights and Measures Act, 1976 (60 of 1976) , the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Standards of Weights and Measures (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 1977, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Standards of Weights and Measures (Packaged Commodities) Second Amendments Rules, 2009.
2) Save as otherwise provided, they shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Standards of Weights and Measures (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 1977, (herein after referred to as the said rules), in rule 10, in sub-rule (1), in the Explanation the words "the registered office of the manufacturer is situated or" shall be omitted with effect from 1st July, 2010.
3. In the said rules, in rule 11, after sub-rule (3), the following sub- rule shall be inserted namely,-
"(4) The declaration of quantity in relation to commodities which are likely to undergo significant variations in weight or measures on account of environmental or other conditions may be qualified by the words "when packed", as specified in the Fourth Schedule.
4. After the Third Schedule, the following Schedule shall be inserted namely:-
"The Fourth Schedule"
See Rule 11(4)]
Declaration of quantity in relation to commodities (sold by weight or volume) which may be qualified by the words "When packed".
Name of commodity
1. All kinds of Soaps
3. Cream (other than cream of Milk)".
[File No. WM-9 (2)/2008]
Note The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India vide notification number 622(E) dated 26th September, 1977 and last amended vide notification No-
1. GSR 533 (E) dated 16.07.2009